Join our team today
On Sunday 9th September 2018 50,000+ people will take part in the world's biggest half marathon. At 13.1 miles from Newcastle to South Shields the Great North Run is a legendary event. We want you to join our team and help make a difference to the lives of patients across the North East of England.
I need a place
All of our places are now filled, however we may be able to get some additional places through the clearing process. If you would like to go on our waiting list please submit your details using the registration form.
I have my own place
Great, we would love you to be part of our team. You will get all of the same benefits as those successful in our own ballot, including a running vest.
- Please complete our registration form
- We ask that you create a Virgin Money Giving fundraising page and link it to Northumbria Blood Bikes so that you can start fundraising. Once created please send the link to GNR@northumbriabloodbikes.org.uk
- We ask that you aim to raise a minimum of £50 in sponsorship. Any money you raised will go to helping patients across the North East, the more you raise the more people we can help.
Reasons to run with us
- You will be helping patients across the North East. Northumbria Blood Bikes provides a free out of hours’ delivery service for blood and other medical items. We are run solely by volunteers, nobody gets paid. So you know that all of the money you raise will go directly to making a difference.
- You will get an exclusive Northumbria Blood Bikes running top.
- You will have access to our exclusive runners Facebook group where you can get help, advice and encouragement from other NBB runners
- You will have the opportunity to be in our group photo, usually on the day before the race
- You will get support and encouragement at our cheering point along the route
Why do I have to setup a fundraising page?
- The online fundraising page is completely free for fundraisers and donors to use. Charities are better off because it's 100% not-for-profit, so any charges are as low as possible.
- It allows donors to pay quickly and safely using a range of payment methods. Most importantly it means you don't have to go round and collect in the money you have raised after the event, which can prove time consuming.
- Having an online fundraising account means you can make use of social media to promote your fundraising and help increase the amount you raise.
- Gift Aid is reclaimed and passed on in full.
- Donations are paid to charities once a week. This means we can start putting the money you raise to good use straight away.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com