Recognised driving qualifications
Note: - All driving qualification must have been passed or re-assessed within 3 years prior to initial NBB assessment.
- IAM driving
- ROSPA driving
- Police Advanced Driving Certificate
- Police Standard Response Driving Certificate
- Emergency Fire Appliance Drivers (EFAD)
- Ambulance Driver (IHCD D2)
- Regimental Staff Car course (Leconfield)
- Defence Staff Car course (Leconfield)
- Wedgewood Vehicle Advanced course (Leconfield)
- Car/LGV/PCV Examiner’s Warrant (DSA)
- Car/LGV Examiner’s Warrant (DDE)
- Fire/Ambulance Service Instructor’s Certificate
- Armed Forces driving Instructor’s Certificate
- Bentley Chauffeur’s Certificate
- Grade A Cardington Special Driving Test
- National Express PCV Advanced Driver Course
Recognised motorcycle qualifications
Note: - All riding qualification must have been passed or re-assessed within 3 years prior to initial NBB assessment.
- IAM motorcycle
- ROSPA motorcycle
- Police Advanced Motorcycle Certificate
- Police Standard Response Motorcycle Certificate
- Motorcycle Examiner’s Warrant (DSA)
- Motorcycle Examiner’s Warrant (DDE)
- Armed Forces motorcycle Instructor’s Certificate
Don't have a qualification yet?
If you don't have a recognised qualification contact your local IAM or ROSPA group to arrange your advanced training.
We recommend that you read our FAQs and join Northumbria Blood Bikes as a member while you undertake your advanced training, so that you can complete the other steps needed to prepare yourself for your first shift. Some of the steps can take a little time, like having jackets made if we don't have your size in stock, so the sooner you start the better. That way when you pass your advanced test you can volunteer for shifts without delay.
Advanced Riding groups
Advanced Driving groups
Darlington Advanced Motorists Group(IAM): http://www.darlingtonadvancedmotorists.org/
Newcastle Advanced Motorists (IAM): http://www.iamnewcastle.org.uk/
North East Central Advanced Motorists(IAM): http://www.iamgroups.org.uk/northeastcentral/
RoADAR North East (ROSPA): www.roadar-northeast.org.uk/