Northumbria Blood Bikes exists entirely on charitable donations.As the service expands we will need more bikes and more funds to cover the running costs.
You can make a donation online through Give as You Live using the link on the right. As Northumbria Blood Bikes is a Registered Charity, and if you are a UK Taxpayer, please choose to 'gift aid' your online donations. This boosts the amount we receive (by reclaiming money from the Tax Man) at no extra cost to you.
If you would like to make an offline donation to Northumbria Blood Bikes, please contact our Fundraising Officer, or you can write to us at:
Northumbria Blood Bikes,
(This is a postal address only not our operational base)
If you are sending us an offline donation to our postal address please see the Gift Aid Form which is downloadable below:
Northumbria Blood Bikes welcomes all donations:
- Cash, either regular or one-off giving
- Goods and services to assist in the running of the group (e.g. bikes, signs, servicing, insurance).
- Suitable raffle prizes for events
All donations will be acknowledged on this site, unless you wish to remain anonymous. For companies making donations, please see Sponsorship page for more details.
If you would like to make one off, or monthly repeat donations and/or to set up fundraising pages to collect sponsorship donations from friends and family please use the link below:
We are registered with Recycling For Good Causes for donations of used stamps, unwanted banknotes from ANY country of any age, so all of those obsolete pre-euro notes, broken or and unwanted jewellery. (Please see the link for full details: https://www.northumbriabloodbikes.org.uk/news/11661/recycling_good_cause...).
We are also registered with Recycle4Charity for donations of used ink cartridges. For each ink cartridge recycled via the programme we will receive up to £2 donation. (Please see the link for full details: http://www.recycle4charity.co.uk/Register/C96154)
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for Northumbria Blood Bikes with easyfundraising?
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
1. Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/nbb/?utm_campaign=raise-more and join for free.
2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3. After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to Northumbria Blood Bikes at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and Northumbria Blood Bikes will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.
An innovative way to support us – send ecards with DontSendMeACard.com ('ecards' URL to your landing page) and give the cost of printed greeting cards and stamps to Northumbria Blood Bikes. Visit: https://www.dontsendmeacard.com/charities/uWaq
Support our charity and be in with a chance to win prizes up £25,000 for £1.00 a week through The Northumberland Lottery. Sign up today via: https://www.northumberlandlottery.co.uk/support/northumbria-blood-bikes
It’s now even easier to help us raise funds for Northumbria Blood Bikes. We’ve signed up to Nectar Donate, a new initiative launched this month from the team at Nectar and Crowdfunder. This means you can now donate any or all of your Nectar points to us! You will need to link your Nectar card to your Crowdfunder account. Then simply visit our dedicated https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/nbb and when you get to the “Payment method” screen, select “Donate with Nectar”. The best thing about Nectar Donate is that it won’t cost you or us anything. Crowdfunder has generously waived platform fees for anyone donating their points.
• If you haven’t used your Nectar card for a long time, why not dust it off now, check your account balance and donate those points to us! And don’t forget, as you continue to shop at Sainsbury’s, eBay, Esso, Argos, JustEat and many many others, all those points will soon add up. If you then feel like donating some or all of your points to us we can carry out even more of our life saving work.
At Northumbria Blood Bikes, we understand that making a large regular donation isn’t always possible. That’s why we’ve partnered with Ripples (formerly Roundups) - making it easier than ever to give. The Ripples app rounds up your card payments and donates the pennies every time you spend. For example, if you spend £2.95, it will round up to £3.00 and 5p will be donated - like a digital charity box.
Why donate with Ripples?
● It’s small amounts that won’t miss
● It’s flexible: you set a weekly donation limit and pause at any time
● It’s rewarding: the app notifications make you feel good
● It makes a difference when lots of people donate a little.
How to sign up (it just takes a few minutes)
1. Grab the app Sign up at www.joinripples.org/your-url and download the Ripples app.
2. Set limits Set a weekly cap on your donations and your Roundups will never go above it. If you prefer, you can give a simple, set Weekly Donation instead.
3. Add your card Safely connect the bank or credit card you would like to use. Ripples’ banking integrations are regulated by the FCA, so you’re in safe hands.
As always, thank you for your support.