Northumbria Blood Bikes relies on the voluntary contributions of its members to run and deliver the service. So, how can you be involved in supporting Northumbria Blood Bikes with your time?
- Volunteer riders - using our liveried bike you will collect and deliver blood or other important medical supplies to and from hospitals. You will need to have (or obtain) an advanced riding qualification. However, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved while you get trained up.
- Volunteer drivers - using our liveried car, you perform the same role as the rider, but when the weather is below a certain temperature or it is unsafe to ride, the car is used. The same requirement exists to have an advanced driving qualification, and the car will be used for attending fundraising or publicity events, potentially towing an exhibition trailer.
- Shift controller - you will work from home answering calls from hospitals and passing them on to our riders and drivers. You will keep track of the riders, making sure they have reached their destination and made it back to base safely. Calls are automatically diverted to your number when you are on shift.
- Fundraisers - you will attend events on behalf of the Group, with other volunteers, and look to raise funds for our operations, and increase awareness about who we are and what we do. You will be of smart appearance, adopt the uniform and be a people person.
- Other support - there is lots of support work to ensure the smooth running of the group.
If you would like to apply for membership, please complete the online Membership Application.